These reports are from the Menlo Park and Atherton police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent unless convicted. Police received the reports on the dates shown.
• A Menlo Park man was stopped for jaywalking at the corner of Chilco Street and Constitution Drive and officers found him to be under the influence of a controlled substance. Oct. 1.
• A Novato man was arrested for being in possession of drug paraphernalia and for being under the influence of a controlled substance at the intersection of Bayfront Expressway and the Dumbarton Bridge. He was arrested and booked into San Mateo County Jail. Sept. 29.
• An East Palo Alto man tried to cash a forged check at Mi Tierra Linda in the 1200 block of Willow Road. When officers arrived, they arrested him and he was booked into San Mateo County Jail for grand theft burglary, forgery exceeding $950 and conspiracy to commit a felony. Sept. 30.
• Someone used personal information to withdraw $1,700 from a checking account. The incident was reported in the 3600 block of Haven Avenue. Sept. 26.
• Someone broke into a vehicle and stole a set of DeWalt tools valued at $970 in the 1100 block of Windermere Avenue. There was no sign of forced entry. Sept. 30.
• Someone broke into a vehicle by forcing open a window and stole a laptop, bracelet, medication and wallet with $800 in cash for a total loss of $3,651. Sept. 26.
Burglary: Someone broke into a locked garage in the 1100 block of Willow Road and stole a tool bag, a shop vacuum, pots and pans, a car jack, and a brake fluid pump valued at a total of $544. Sept. 30.
Hit and run: The driver of a green Mercedes hit a gray Honda Accord from behind at the corner of Newbridge Street and Sevier Avenue and then fled the scene traveling west on Sevier without stopping to exchange information. Sept. 28.
Driving under the influence: A Union City woman was arrested for drunk driving after officers arrived at the scene of an accident at the corner of Marsh Road and Bayfront Expressway. She was arrested and booked into San Mateo County Jail. Sept. 27.
Battery: One participant in an argument threw a water bottle at the other and slapped her in the face with an open hand in the 1300 block of Willow Road. The person then fled the scene before officers arrived. Sept. 25.
Vehicle collision: A rider of an electric longboard tried to avoid a collision with a van at the corner of Hoover Street and Valparaiso Avenue but was unable to slow down and ended up running into the van’s hood. The rider had pain in his hip and knee and some road rash but was not taken to the hospital. Sept. 25.
Permit violation: A bicycle race at the corner of Old La Honda Road and Portola Road was shut down at 9:36 a.m. The race organizers had a permit from San Mateo County, but not from Woodside. Sept. 28.
Vehicle theft: A vehicle that was left running was stolen out of a driveway in the 100 block of Preston Road. Sept. 28.
Possession of a controlled substance: A San Francisco man was found to be in possession of a controlled substance without a prescription in the 4200 block of Farm Hill Road. He was cited and released on a promise to appear. Sept. 27.